I love being 23.
There.
I said it.
Today was the first day since turning 23 that I can truthfully say that. 296 days of being 23 and I am just realizing the beauty of this year. I am grateful for what I have learned, experienced, and get to wake up to every day.
Over the last 9 months I have been LONGING to be out of this season I am caught in- kicking and screaming my way through- always looking and longing for something different. I am trying to make sense of this time of my life that makes NO sense.
However, today, when I put on my skinny jeans, my flowy white blouse, secured in my favorite stud earrings, slipped my toes into my new suede heels, curled my long blonde hair, didn't think about putting on makeup, all the while listening and dancing to Ellie Goulding...it hit me. I am so thankful to be 23. All it took was a look in the mirror and a GREAT God to reveal this. Why have I been trying to rush through this stage of my life that I know is so crucial, so vital in shaping my character and my life?
So I humbly confess, I love being 23 because I am learning, because I am free, because I am soaking in a great big world that is full of possibilities and people. I will be thankful for this time, as much as I cry about it and as much as I sometimes want it to be done, I will be thankful. I know my God is using this precious time to mold me, strengthen me, and use me for His purposes.
23, thanks for being great. Here's to 68 more days of being awesome and enjoying this sweet time.
There.
I said it.
Today was the first day since turning 23 that I can truthfully say that. 296 days of being 23 and I am just realizing the beauty of this year. I am grateful for what I have learned, experienced, and get to wake up to every day.
Over the last 9 months I have been LONGING to be out of this season I am caught in- kicking and screaming my way through- always looking and longing for something different. I am trying to make sense of this time of my life that makes NO sense.
However, today, when I put on my skinny jeans, my flowy white blouse, secured in my favorite stud earrings, slipped my toes into my new suede heels, curled my long blonde hair, didn't think about putting on makeup, all the while listening and dancing to Ellie Goulding...it hit me. I am so thankful to be 23. All it took was a look in the mirror and a GREAT God to reveal this. Why have I been trying to rush through this stage of my life that I know is so crucial, so vital in shaping my character and my life?
So I humbly confess, I love being 23 because I am learning, because I am free, because I am soaking in a great big world that is full of possibilities and people. I will be thankful for this time, as much as I cry about it and as much as I sometimes want it to be done, I will be thankful. I know my God is using this precious time to mold me, strengthen me, and use me for His purposes.
23, thanks for being great. Here's to 68 more days of being awesome and enjoying this sweet time.
amen, my dear amiga. i felt the same way when i was 23. but praying right this second that God would use this time to mold you and strengthen you. :) love ya.
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete